I really underestimated how difficult it would be to keep up with my blog while being home with two kids. I’m trying to soak in all this time with them because I return to work next month and being away from them for 9+ hours a day isn’t something I’m looking forward to. 🙁 I love the newborn stage but it’s really difficult with a toddler in tow so I’m just doing my best to bond with Lincoln while making sure Beckett doesn’t tear the house apart.
Lincoln is still so laid back and easy so that definitely helps when the terrible twos are in full force around here. He’s such a blessing and the sweetest addition to our family. We had his two month well visit today so here’s an update about month two of loving our little guy.
- He loves to be talked to, it makes him smile so big!
- He has the sweetest smiles!
- He loves to “talk”
- Mornings are the best time with him. He’s so sweet when he first wakes up. Lots of smiles and talking.
- We joke that he has a 30 minute quota for being laid down while awake during the day. He hates when he isn’t being held, with the exception of about 30 minutes a day when he will just lay and look around and talk. When that time is up he lets you know and pretty much can’t be put down without crying for the rest of the day. I’m NOT a believer in crying it out or any nonsense like that (I know some are but it’s not for our family) so though there are times I have to let him fuss in order to finish pouring a bowl of cereal, I’ll never let him lay and scream when I’m perfectly capable of holding him. He won’t want to always be held so I’m soaking it up right now.
- He’s being sleeping in his bed for the last month, in the Dock A Tot. Some nights he does better than others and will sleep a solid 4-5 hours. I’m usually up twice with him and sometimes he’s wide awake for hours before we both end up back in my bed and fall back to sleep. Swaddling is hit or miss but he definitely sleeps better/longer when he’s swaddled.
- He’s in size 1 diapers and 3 month clothes.
- Beckett is mildly obsessed with Lincoln (I was sure he’d be tired of him by now) and Lincoln handles the constant smothering and kissing by Beckett like a champ. He lets us know when he’s tired of big brothers lovins though.
- Weight: 13.3lbs
- Length: 24″
I just really can’t get over how sweet he is! His smiles and baby sounds make my heart swell. He makes me want allthebabies!!